Saturday, March 21, 2009

Twelve Hours In The Sky

Standing Bow 7am Hawaii
Aloha! I am writing from Kauai, Hawaii!!! It is only 9:30pm here, I am a time traveler! So let me tell you a little about Gianna and her travel experience...

So, I have traveled an ok amount, mostly road trippin and tours but still traveling, but I tend to under pack believe it or not. I brought all the tech shit i needed but forgot everything necessary to keep it running, like chargers. Idiot! Brought a hand full of shorts and shirts, no pants (Kauai is very windy and rain forest-y meaning i wanted to go hiking and brought nothing to hike and it gets chilly when the sun isn't out) nothing to sleep in, which is fine naked sleeping is lovely, no gym shoes, but a shit tone of swim suits. WORST PACKER EVER!!! Thus far, rough.

The adventure starts at O'Hara airport at 6 am where i find out we have a 2 hour lay over in LAX after a 4 hour flight there. For some reason i didn't realize this before. At LAX i run into a million stores trying desperately to find something to charge my ipod because my next flight to the actual island was 5 hours and Gianna with no music usually ends horribly so the crew sits down to eat while i squirrel around this airport only to spent $30 on a temp igo charger, Lame. So, boarding time comes and I'm sitting in the very last seat of the plane right in front of the bathrooms, it immediately smells like death and people are already running past me to use that shit and are knocking my elbos over and over again and we had not even taken off yet. Which whatever fine i am pretty easy going about travel and the people i am around and situations i get stuck in but to throw some sprinkles on that Sunday i sat next to a couple from Wisconsin and Rockford which, don't get me wrong, both very nice places but have not seen many tiny females like myself covered in tattoos and spent our entire time together givin me the crazy eye until finally trying to do the whole "those must have hurt" thing. I was a little aggravated but that's what i get, no one forced me to look as scum bag as i do sometimes. Eh!

I love planes though. You meet some crazy people, its never the same, and they take you to amazing places. So, here i am. Been up for almost 24 hours now and kinda loopy but ready for a full day of surfing tomorrow and will post pics as they come.

Hang Loose!

No comments:

Post a Comment