Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Stryker who?

I leave for beautiful Arizona this Saturday and this trip could not have come at a better time. It's not that I need a vacation, I mean shit, I just got back from Miami but Arizona holds my most favorite person captive, Styrker. Let me tell you a little about Stryker.

I met the socially awkward art kid my sophomore year of high school. He went to the public school next to my sweet Catholic one where most of my friends went. After I ditched out on school most of my days I would go chill in their art room which was twice the size of mine and twice as full. This is where I met most of the 'more interesting' friends in my high school years. So long story short some other kids in there introduced to me Stryker who was looking for a new drummer for his punk band, The Roadkill Eddies. I pretty much owe how good I am at drums to these guys. They loved to play every free second they had which forced me to play twice as much as I was before. It was great. Since then, we have been in Bear Foot On Bumble Bees and We Will Eat Rats To Survive together, a couple of indie folk bands conceived in the twisted right side of his brain.

So, Stryker moved to Arizona last year after Chicago burnt the hell out of him. Before the big move he rebuilt a '76 herse, painted it blue, and packed it full of his valuables and I have not seen him since. This kid never fails to surprise me. He writes and illustrates comic books and comic strips, he plays 6+ different instruments, he can rebuilt any old engine you give him, and he is the nicest/strangest kid I know and I love it. Basically, this weekend is going to be completely different than any other get away I have had thus far. Plus, I get to meet my doppelganger, a little lesbian drummer/barista with a full sleeve and black hair. HAh. SAAWEEEET!

Peace<3

G





No comments:

Post a Comment