Sunday, May 24, 2009

The place where dreams and pointy things go to die

I finally have the internet and my computer back!! YAY!! It's been annoying.

So, I got back from Tuscan recently and convinced 2 people to come back to Chicago with me. The first is Stryker. Well, he was going to move back at some point but when I was there we did all the same dumb shit that we always do (drink coffee/tea and rap about bull shit, play monkey tag, walk everywhere even when it's a distance that is way too far for people without wheels to walk, drive around in a herse... ya know, the usual) that most people would think is only fun for nerds and children...I think he missed that. He says that Tucsan is a place where dreams and pointy things go to die. Nothing leaves that place. The art, the music, the culture... the people dont leave. I met a bunch of native Arizonians that are just content with doing nothing, they have never left, have no plans to leave, don't even really care to get out, see the world or just the states. So Stryker is moving back sooner than expected and I couldn't be more excited!!!! I'm stoked because although I have found some amazing people to play music with while he has been gone, I see Stryker as my musical soul mate. I pretty much love playin the dirty folksie music we make together. It's what plays in my head constantly.
The second person I convinced to come to Chicago, Amanda. The most precious, beautiful, sheltered little 25 year old I have ever met. She is an art history major that is living in the wrong city. What can you do with a major in art history in Arizona? Not too much. So, I'm making her leave her city for a couple visits to Chicago; once next weekend and once for pitch fork. She is so nervous it's adorable. Every time I talk to her she has a bit of an anxiety attack but we will get through it.

I'll keep you updated. But I am in Wisconsin now and couldn't be happier. There is nothing around me, just saw a cow, drinkin an ice house, bbq'n, livin the dream.

Love People,
G






Tucsan, AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment