Saturday, June 6, 2009

The only man i every loved


RIP 2000 Grand Am
The only man i ever loved died a yesterday
Green, the perfect size, a home on wheels at times, my savior from injury, took the fall when he didn't have to, my alligator, my little grand am.

Now this car had been going for quite some time. I was in denial, maybe. But it was the first car I ever owned myself and we had some good times together. The first to go was my turn signals which were actually recalled but I was too lazy to take it to a dealership, so they never got fixed. Then the motor to make the seats go up and down decides to not work anymore. Followed by the over heating problem, the leak in my air conditioner, and it smelling like gas inside the car after using the heat. Mind you it was only a 2000. So, I guess my little alligator didnt have my back all the time but he tried.

It was Tuesday of last week when I got to work and had no clients until the evening and decided to leave to take my guest out to eat in Wicker Park. After two attempts at starting my car there was a noise that I had never heard my car make before. A similar sound to someone pouring coins into my engine. But it started so I drove off. I made it but five block when it felt like someone hit me from behind while shit slipped out from underneath my car and drive became a non existent gear for the alligator. In actuality, no one hit me and there were no coins in my engine but my transmission did slip. So, these dudes hopped off their landscaping truck and helped me push the car to the side of the road to wait for a tow truck. Crazy tow truck guy with long locks and a beard that looks as if it took over a year to grow out put my car on a gurney never to be seen again...

But now I bike a lot more which is good. When I was with Nina I drove a ton because she lost her car a few months after we were dating and I totally got out of the habit of biking all the time. It's been hard to get back into the habit so forcing me via car death is a great way to break the habit.

<3
G

1 comment:

  1. This makes me sad. We had the same car, then I totaled mine and now yours no longer exists. The grand am family is only getting smaller.
    bahahah I can post as my lj name on here. awesome
    Sincerely,
    Av Dave

    ReplyDelete